Overview of Transition Programme
Overview of Causeway School’s Transition programme:
- We begin visiting primary schools as soon as places have been allocated in March, working with Year 6 teachers and SENCOs to ensure we
are fully prepared for each individual student in our care.
- The Head of Year 7 and a few Year 7 students will arrange to visit your son/daughter in their primary school to deliver an assembly and
will answer any questions they may have about moving to Causeway School.
- Some Year 6 students will be from small schools where they may be the only student coming to Causeway, so we have a special day for them
to meet other students in a similar position and we buddy them up.
- During transition week commencing Monday 26th June we will run a full programme of after school taster sessions so all our new
students can experience something they enjoy, and get to know the school, whilst meeting new friends.
- Parents and carers will be invited in following transition week on Monday 3rd July to meet their tutor and attend an information
evening about preparing for Causeway School, and how to support your son/daughter to achieve their very best once they start.
- Year 7 Transition Day will take place on Tuesday 4th
- A range of master classes will be delivered to our new students in Causeway’s specialist classrooms over the year to give a flavour of
exciting lessons to come.
- The support and communication continues as your son/daughter becomes part of Causeway School with an autumn term Year 7 Parents’ Evening.